Look at those creamy baked oats! It makes for a great meal prepped breakfast, just double or triple the ingredients and split them into pack away containers. Me and my husband enjoyed ours outdoors after a nice walk in the forest. They were light and delicious, but also full of protein.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup oat flakes
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 cups water/plant milk (I used water)
- 2 handfuls of cherries
- Preheat the oven at 180 C/350 F.
- Mash the chickpeas (optional, I didn’t) for extra creaminess and chop 1.5 bananas.
- In a bowl, add the hot water/milk, oats, chickpeas, chopped banana, flax, cinnamon and 3/4 cherries, then mix and set aside to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into one or two baking containers and top with the remaining banana and cherries.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top looks cooked.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to cool and thicken even more.
- Cherries can be substituted with any fruit you have available. I would bake my next batch with frozen raspberries.
- You certainly don’t need to bake this. While baking will offer a more beautiful appearance and nicer texture, the microwave or stove top will also suffice when in a hurry.
- Experiment with the toppings: nuts and seeds are perfect for a bit of a crunch.
Let’s connect. Tag me on Instagram @movemore.eatmore and use #movemoreeatmore if you’re trying out this recipe.