Most of my meals are even simpler than this, but I like to get a bit creative with the sweet meal of day. This makes for a delicious meal prep breakfast or a comforting dinner and it only has 5 ingredients! You can even skip the baking part if you’re tight on time.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, steamed
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 big apple, sliced
- a handful of raisins
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- date syrup/liquid sweetener (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 180 C/350 F.
- In a bowl, mash the potatoes and chickpeas (the chickpeas can be left whole if desired) and mix in the cinnamon.
- Spread the mixture in a baking dish. Arrange the apple slices and raisins on top and sprinkle some cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the apple gets soft.
- Set aside to cool and top with some liquid sweetener afterwards (optional).