What is it about Sundays that it makes you crave pancakes? I decided to make these thick, nutritious and filling blueberry pancakes last Sunday, the perfect treat after my run.
- 1 cup / 80g chickpea flour
- 1.5 cup / 120g oat flour
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsps flax meal
- 1/2 tsp backing soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp backing powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100g / 3oz blueberries
If lazy, put everything in a blender, starting with the liquids and banana, but folding in the blueberries in a bowl later. Otherwise:
- In a small bowl, add the backing soda, apple cider vinegar and soy milk in that order and set aside.
- In another bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Mash the banana and add it to the dry ingredients together with the liquids. Mix well.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add 3-4 spoonfuls , quickly spreading the mixture out in a round shape.
- Flip the pancake as soon as some bubbles appear because it will brown quickly.
- After about 60 seconds, take the pancake out and cover with a kitchen towel until all are done.
Let’s connect. Tag me on Instagram @movemore.eatmore and use #movemoreeatmore if you’re trying out this recipe.