A childhood staple when we would visit the grandparents and pick these wild mushrooms straight from the forest. Easy to veganize and tweak too. These mushrooms have a unique taste and they are in season right now.
🌱2 cups polenta
🌱4 cups water (more water = a creamier polenta, but I like it dense myself)
🌱1 tsp salt
- Add everything to a pot and cook on medium heat while stirring.
- Once the water is absorbed and it starts to boil, lower the heat and put a lid on.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or longer. The longer you cook it, the denser it will get with a nice crispy layer on the bottom.
🌱400g Chanterelle mushrooms
🌱500g Alpro plain soy yogurt, unsweetened
🌱5 big garlic cloves, chopped
🌱0.5 cup parsley, chopped
🌱0.5 tsp salt or more to taste
- Add the mushrooms (whole or chopped), garlic and salt into a pot and sauté with a lid on until they soften and release liquid.
- Add the yogurt and parsley and bring to a boil and … done.
The thick polenta, the creamy flavourful sauce and the unique mushrooms are all irresistible to me. I like this dish so much.